Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Talk about bad broadcasting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member imported_Sportsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    1,486
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talk about bad broadcasting

    I was watching WJHL Channel 11 Sports tonight because it came on before WCYB. They had some highlights of SWVA games, but the scores were just totally out in left field. They had Kelly winning 52-13, Lebanon winning 14-13, and Rural Retreat scoring 13 points against Floyd (when I know I had heard WAXM give the score saying RR hadn't scored in two weeks.) I thought where in the world did they get these scores?

    A few minutes later I happened to be looking through today's BHC, reading the predictions, and lo and behold, the predictions in the BHC were the exact same scores that WJHL was reporting as final scores on tonight's contests.

    I don't think I'll be watching WJHL sports again.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Talk about bad broadcasting

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sportsman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    A few minutes later I happened to be looking through today's BHC, reading the predictions, and lo and behold, the predictions in the BHC were the exact same scores that WJHL was reporting as final scores on tonight's contests.</div></div>

    Wow, that's just sad. thumbs down

    I wonder what it would be like if they made that same mistake and reported a losing team as winners? What a bunch of goons.
    Officially retired

  3. #3
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Talk about bad broadcasting

    Wow, I think PassMan could do a better job than WJHL. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Talk about bad broadcasting

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotSoSilentBob</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow, I think PassMan could do a better job than WJHL. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] </div></div>

    Anyone could do a better job by simply grabbing the final scores on this forum. That would be better than throwing in newspaper "prediction" scores and touting them as true 'final scores' to folks all over the area.
    Officially retired

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Slobber Knocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 27th, 2007
    Posts
    807
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Talk about bad broadcasting

    Also, I saw the predictions from the reporters at K-sport Times.....once predicted Haysi over Clintwood. Does this guy ever watch football?

  6. #6
    Inactive Member imported_GC_Quincy's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    905
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Talk about bad broadcasting

    WJHL has nothing on WAXM.
    In honor and memory of my best friend Toby (oletob)
    Take em one at a time and everything else will take care of itself

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •